VisiPics version 2.0
Revision as of 04:04, 26 October 2010 by Ozone Grif (Talk | contribs)
This is a draft page to share and create the new VisiPics 2.0 .
Your vision, my vision, what's possible or not possible. Use the Talk page to share your ideas. I will try to keep this page as clean as possible, so your advices will be deleted once read and understood. It doesn't mean I accept or refuse it. :)
What do you think are the strong and weak points of VisiPics 1.3
- Compatible on Linux with Wine
- Installs in english, instead of asking which language to use beforehand
- The interface isn't intuitive, and a lots of users doesn't even want to try in fear they will delete precious pictures
- The red/green dots, a lots of users miss their meaning
- The thumbnails are too small and difficult to read
- Can't choose the way pictures are sorted
- You can't choose what informations to display on each picture, and they aren't easy to get
- The interface can't be customized
- There are not enough feedback, the user doesn't know if he's deleting the right pictures
- Compare between folder should be improved, and truely separate both folders on screen
- Display all groups of duplicates in a single Windowed interface, no pages anymore
- No command line use for power-users
- Auto-select is too limited, add a powerful configuration interface
- It's impossible to see the "ignored" pictures list
- There is no way to ignore completly a picture from the scan. Add a new type of status, "protected" along with "ignored"
- A project is very limited use currently. Give more informations to the user about each created project.
- Crashes on very huge collections, improve to rely on the hard-drive more
- Crashes on some 64bits systems
- Current's multithreading is unstable